Friday, September 23, 2011

Got My Headlight Today!

Back in '09 when I was building the long chop, I ended up using an old square headlamp. A buddy wanted a round style and had this old square light that I thought was off of an old Japper...hell I didn't know, I was just lookin to help him out and liked what he had to trade.
So here I am a few years after that, putting the bobber back together with a slight bit different look that its had for the past decade. I was running a 7" round light up front and decided I wanted something a bit different. I'd tried the 5" round Bates style back in '05 and it just didn't do it for me, something just wasn't right (incidentally thats the one that I traded off for the square one).

I decided I dug that square light so much that I needed one on the bobber revamp. So, after scouring the innerweb I discovered that they were not as easy to find as I'd hoped. I hit up the guy that I'd gotten the light from to determine what it was off of and he said he had bought it from an old woman selling off her husband's shop's inventory and that when he got it, it was in a Bates box.

So I put a WTB ad on a few online forums and low and behold my buddy John out in MD had not one, but two. They are not the exact same as the one on the long chop, but, they are the same style. Nice and big with a deep shell and side mount and sealed beam. I don't know what make they are....I dont' even know if the one I already had is truly a Bates, but I don't care, they're just what I wanted!
Thanks J-Lo (Draft Cycle Works)!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment