Decided to tear into Kong yesterday. I've been wanting to clean up the wiring for a few years and further simplify it or at least make it easier to access and work on. He's been neglected for the past few years since we fixed his rear end that was bent and cracked. Since then I've mostly been riding the long bike, Lulu. Anyway, I yanked the wiring from the electrics box and pulled the battery out of the way. While I was removing the carbs I found the #3 boot to be split, not cool. Luckily Drew had an extra set laying around his shop, who'd a thunk. He hooked me up there. He brought them down and we met up with Paul for some grub. Afterward we returned to my little shop area to hang out and drink beer...where they talked me into swapping my drags for a set of Santee Pipes I'd acquired from Drew a month ago. That's the last photo here, Paul and Drew polishing the pipes, hahahaha. I guess that was their motivating factor for me putting them on. Glad we did. They look so boss. 4 into 2 megaphones, one on each side. So badass. I'll share a pic once everything else is done...or at least mostly back together.
|with drag pipes|
|sans carbs, electric box, battery|
|a few key pieces of the puzzle|
|I'm like Tom Sawyer while these guys polish pipes.|