Monday, January 30, 2012

2012 Boneyard Art Fest - April 19-22, 2012

(Aaron Grote sculpture)

I have joined forces with 2 other individuals, Josh and Becca, to make my  Art/Bike show idea happen...and it has become much larger than I could have ever imagined.

Becca has been setting up a stand alone gallery for Champaign-Urbana, IL's "Boneyard Arts Festival" for at least the past handful of years. When I have been able to attend its always been cool work, stuff that's a bit left of center compared to what the rest of the community is showing during this citywide event.

When I mentioned the Art/Bike show idea to my buddy Josh, who's art I wanted in my show, he said "we've gotta talk". He and Becca were already in cahoots, setting up a show space for this years B.A.F. event, and when I mentioned what I wanted to do, they invited me to join their efforts.

The three of us met up one night about a month or so ago and agreed we were all the same page.
this is also the 10th Anniversary of the B.A.F. so the addition of the homebuilt bikes will be a fresh added attraction to their ongoing efforts.

The dates are April 19-22, 2012.
Last week we secured a building as well!
Right downtown in the heart of what's happening.

I'll continue to post updates here as they transpire.

No comments:

Post a Comment